Is it me or does it seem like there are more and more people writing, blogging, and posting about this time of year being all about recharging, renewing and resolving to be better? Suddenly, everyone is a motivational speaker sharing positive thoughts with others about how great 2014 will be – pick a word, pick a theme, pick a mantra. I love it all!
But, what if we switched it up a bit.
What if we looked at 2014 as our newest BFF – our 2014 Best Friend Forever? Just think about it. How doe we relate to our BFF's?
– There is unconditional love
– There is a reliable; knowing feeling that when we are with this person everything will be okay
– There is hope that there is someone who always has our back when things get tough
– There is her voice when we hang on to past failures saying "let it go! You learned from it – get over it!"
– Finally, there is encouragement to be the best version of ourselves.
So now as you renew, recharge and resolve to do better, do it with your BFF. Do it with looking at 2014 as an actual person – a living, breathing, great…BEST friend and see how that shifts your view of your year.
Here’s to 2014 – I can't wait to hang out with you! I see us crying, laughing, growing, and having a blast knowing that you've got my back all the while challenging me to do really great things.
I treasure my newest BFF already. I'm just getting to know her, and I already love the feeling when I'm around her. Here's to BFF's!
From your motivational speaker and her BFF 2014, Marilyn Sherman