1. Cha-Cha-Cha-Chia! Don't laugh! Chia seeds are the new omega3 darling for heart and brain health. Don’t despair if you can’t find the coveted Brittany Spears Chia head (see previous post) there are a variety of adorable ceramics that will thrill your seed-eating friends. Choose from Kung Fu Panda, Frog, Hippo and more! Smear, sprout, clip and consume! www.walgreens.com
2. Most people like fruit but they just don’t buy it to eat it! When these organic beauties show up at their front door you know that they will be consumed! Organic Fruit of the Month www.thefruitcompany.com
3 & 4. “Eat a handful of nuts and seeds everyday.” Brilliant advice from Polly Pitchford, Motivational Speaker on Health and Wellness. You can customize a basket at www.nuts.com or opt for a Nut of the Month Club delivery at www.trymynuts.com (tee hee)
5 & 6. This is the gift certificate I long for every year: Massage! Ahhhh! Get a recommendation of a therapist from someone you trust or check out this reputable and growing nationwide company at www.massageenvy.com. www.massagewarehouse.com has a fantastic selection of accessories for muscle comfort as well.
7. Give super food and fitness inspirations with a gift subscription of this publication. Shape Magazine at www.shapes.com (Sign up for weekly emails for you, the giver!)
8. Love really good food? Whole Foods Market gift cards (or other specialty stores near you) are always a great idea so the receiver can splurge on delectable speacialty items! www.wholefoodsmarket.com
9. Everyone knows the Food Network and Epicurious sights for thousands of mouth watering recipes but if you want clean, fresh and cutting edge food ideas then Vegetarian Times is my favorite: www.vegetariantimes.com
10. Help stock a holistic medicine cabinet for a mom of young kids on your list. www.windriverherbs.com Arnica for bruises, Comfrey Salve for mystery rashes and Red Root Blend for sore throats are still a must on my shelf!
There you have my top 10 favs. I hope that this list of healthy websites will help more people give the gift and live the gift of health. Happy Clicking!