Okay, so maybe "sexy" isn't the exact right word, but if I got your attention, then we're at least in the same room. Here are the strategies that absolutely will help you achieve your New Year's resolutions!
1. DECIDE WHAT you want and make it SRPP (Specific, Realistic, Public & Positive) Bonus: Add a "by when". And as an added bonus – VISUALIZE what it will look like when you achieve it!!
2. DEFINE WHY you want it (make it REAAAALLLLLY important)
3. DECLARE your commitment to achieve it (with a passion and a belief that you CAN achieve it)
4. DEVELOP your game plan (what will you do on a daily basis)
5. DETERMINE your coping strategies when the going gets tough (and it will)
6. DANCE in celebration with each and every success – however small (sorry, I had to reach a little for that last "D")
And HERE'S an example of those steps in action:
My New Year's Resolution, by motivational speaker Linda Larsen (very public, you might notice)
I. I WILL get back to my 128 pound, lean, healthy, vibrant self – by March 31, 2013 – and happily maintain it. (Images of Happy Lean Linda dancing in my head)
2. I want this BECAUSE it will give me better health, more energy and more happiness… I will look and feel GREAT! I will live longer and never be a burden on someone I love who ends up having to "take care of me." My insurance and healthcare costs will be reduced. My husband won't have to be sad and frustrated because I feel miserable all the time. He will think I am one hot mama – because I WILL be!!
3. I am totally, unequivocally and PASSIONATELY committed to achieve this and KNOW absolutely that it is a realistic resolution and that I CAN achieve it!!!
4. Game plan
- Eat 5 servings of fruits and veggies every day
- Work out at least 4 times per week – 45 minutes each time
- Eliminate sugar
- Start each day visualizing my success for THAT day
- Close each day applauding myself for my success
- Keep a journal to chart my success
5. Coping Strategies
- Remove all bad food from house
- Practice "stop" technique for when I am tempted to go off track
- Get an "accountability buddy" to help me stay on track
6. Yay me! Get down with my bad self! I rock! I created my six step sexy plan to achieve my New Year's Resolution!!
Hey! Why not print this out, fill in YOUR goal and hang it up right where you can see it every day!!
From your chompin' at the bit, 128 pound, lean, mean motivational speaker, Linda Larsen