For years, the staple in our house (and radio stations and malls around America) play the famous Christmas song 'Let it Snow, let it snow, let it snow.'
After spending a significant amount of time with loved ones lately, I have a NEW song to sing these days: "Let it go, let it go, let it go!"
Here are some things I'm willing to let go of:
– Resentment of the hurtful things people say under the guise of 'I'm only trying to help you!'
– Resentment of the people who show no respect for my new way of eating healthy all year round: 'It's okay – you can splurge every once in awhile! Here, have a bite of this…and this…and this…'
– Anger at myself for not reaching my goals by now. Yes, I'm a turtle like the brilliant motivational speaker Colette Carlson says!
– Frustration that some things just take a little longer than planned
– Old pains, hurts, anger, and resentments that come up when I see people who I've had less-than-perfect relationship with over the years.
– The idea that some people will change…
Yes, it's time to let it go and start anew. Fresh stories, fresh gratitude, fresh outlook on life.
Anyone want to sing along with me?
From your grateful to see things with a new set of eyes now motivational speaker, Marilyn Sherman